Through what family member can I apply for a waiver?

Minute of Immigration with Attorney Luis Virguez

** This segment aired on Telemundo Atlanta on April 14, 2021**

Gaby: Friends we welcome you to this, your Minute of Immigration with Attorney Luis Virguez from Virguez Law. Attorney, we would like to know through what family member we can apply for a waiver.

Luis: Well, in order to apply for a waiver, you are going to need to have a family member that we refer to as, a qualifying family member. Not all relationships qualify for this waiver. If you must apply for a waiver to reenter the United States and you do not want to spend more than 10 years in your country, you are going to have to be petitioned for by your spouse – your US citizen or legal permanent resident spouse or your parent. If you have a child that is petitioning for you, you won’t be able to do a waiver based of this relationship. Therefore, I recommend you consult an Attorney, because the myth here is always “My child can petition for me when they’re 21 years old” but if you need a waiver, you could have an issue. So always consult an attorney before moving forward.

Gaby: Thanks for clarifying this issue attorney. If you want to know more, please visit the website shown on the screen.

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

More To Explore