Retired Marine Corps Reserve Lieutenant Colonel who served as a pilot during his time in service. He saw direct action in Operations Desert Storm and Desert Shield, as well as other non named operations, where he was awarded an Air Medal and the Navy Commendation Medal.
He was appointed by both Governor Perdue and Governor Deal to the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission, also known as the Boxing Commission, and has served in that role for almost eight years.
Don also taught as an adjunct professor at Emory Law School for eight years, teaching Advanced Evidence, Advanced Criminal Litigation, Pre-Trial Civil Litigation, and Cross-Examination.
He retired from the State of Georgia in November 2016 to pursue private practice.
- Political Science, B.S., East Carolina University, 1979
- Finance, M.B.A., National University, 1983
- Juris Doctorate, Georgia State University, 1989
- United States Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United Stated District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia State Courts
- Adjunct Law Professor, Emory University School of Law 2008-2016